We spent $12,600 on impact windows, in the first two weeks one of them got broken. I contacted them and after arguments they finally replaced the damaged unit.

Now, three years after installation, another window became cracked, I've called them again, and now they says our windows are not under warranty, (with only 3 yrs.) and I have to buy a new glass, shipping and installation costs again. I told them that they gave me a written warranty for 10 yr. but none, they argued that they do not cover "stress cracks". I wonder, if they build high priced stuffs, why don't they use a high quality material and excellent workmanship?

My old non-impact windows never ever got cracked for about 50 years since they were originally installed, and resisted a lot of hurricanes, stress, sunlight, etc. How come now, an overpriced product last only two and half yrs.?

I won't never buy nothing from this company, is a real, real SCAM... Please folks, stay AWAY....!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Pgt Industries Window.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Replace the broken glass.

I didn't like: Nasty.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 15, 2017.

Comments

PGT didn’t replace the cracked glass, their “warranty” is totally fake. I had not other choice than buy from my own pocket a new window replacement.

As a matter of fact PGT is a crap company, stay away from them. !!

to mars305 #1475408

what window company do you recommend for hurricane /storm windows. I m looking into cws from florida

to Ash #1544874

Call Shaun Weather Tite Windows in Tampa 727-300-9011

to mars305 #1544872

This is as very common complaint that some install companies neglect to tell customers. Unfortunately, with any window company, they only offer warranties for 1 year because that is all that is required.

You want to make sure that when you have them installed, they are installed by a PGT approved company like Weather Tite Windows in Tampa.

Not only do you get a lifetime warranty, but Weather Tite actually warranties the labor and materials so when something does go wrong, you aren’t coming out of pocket and you will NEVER have to go direct to PGT. Call Shaun at Weather Tite Windows if you have questions or concerns.